Materials Procurement Lead
- Competitive salary
APPLY FOR JOB
Thomas Search Ltd are working in partnership with an award winning Facilities Management & Support Service provider for the resource of talent. Our client’s portfolio includes various Military establishments in Wiltshire & Hampshire.
Provide, manage and deliver the materials planning & delivery integral to the overall procurement & supply chain function, ensuring business operations have always an adequate flow of materials.
- Managing materials procurement activities.
- Developing IFS reporting and metrics to enable visualisation of performance levels in both external supply chain, and internal logistics organisation.
- Collaborate with the Logistics and operational teams to determine supply needs and ensure the supply chain is in place.
- Establish as appropriate, “pull control” techniques including KANBAN, consignment stocks and point-of-use methodologies, including potentially vending solutions.
- Coordinate with the Logistics team, to ensure optimal materials flow in consideration of service levels and seasonal variability.
- Supervise, coach, develop and mentor colleagues and team members (as appropriate).
- Support the ongoing development of IFS, and policies, processes and procedures from a materials management and procurement perspective.
- Ensure that governance requirements outlined in the Levels of Authority document are fully satisfied.
- Collaboratively developing strategic sourcing, implement and deliver procurement strategies, aligning to the business requirements, addressing local performance and service issues.
- Develop, deploy and manage materials procurement & supply chain strategy, policies, processes & procedures.
- Operate the SPR (Supplier Performance Review) process relating to Materials procurement.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in relevant discipline (Business Studies, Finance, Accounting or a related field)
- Member of, or working towards MCIPS certification, or other recognised supply chain institution.
- Experienced practitioner in supply chain and inventory control systems. Integrated ERP system experience essential.
- Experienced in managing Procurement activity within an operational environment.
- Possesses a range of Procurement skills including tendering, purchasing, negotiation and supplier relationship management.
- Possesses strong communication skills and having the experience/credibility to operate effectively and build stakeholder relationships